8/20/08

Pepto-Bismol vs. Imodium A-D




Well, if I can't put pictures of the toilet, I might as well put pictures of the gross medicines I have taken the past two days. By the way, Imodium wins hands down for curing diarrhea, if anyone cares to know. Sorry if that is too much information(TMI). I never thought I would actually write the word diarrhea on my blog. Interesting.

I woke up this morning thinking that I would make it to work. Yeah, I thought that for about two minutes before going to the bathroom and then deciding to quickly write sub plans, request a sub, and call my principal. She has been a trooper through this whole ordeal. Today she just answered and said: "Oh No!" I told her that is exactly what I thought when I had woken up! So, it was another day of laying on the futon and another trip to Smith's to get the Imodium. I had the Pepto yesterday but it didn't do much. One dose in of Imodium and I am good to go. Hopefully, this stays that way. I really am hating not being at school and that seems a bit weird coming for the girl who after Freshmen Orientation commented: "Only 179 more days!" It is really frustrating to know my kids are there and I am not. It is hard to explain. The first days are pretty important even though I kinda find them as pointless as the last few days. During these times, not much goes on at school. The first days of school are filled with "fluff" as Educators may call it. Basically, it is a lot of getting to know you type stuff. The last days are full of fill the time while kids are extremely antsy stuff.

I am having a hard time not being there and seeing what my classes are like. It is very weird to plan for a sub when really you don't know what each class chemistry is like. Who knows who the trouble maker will be and who knows what students will be helpful? I couldn't even write that down for my subs the past two days. Weird.

Maybe I was supposed to learn something from this mystery illness. Maybe I am supposed to fast the day before school. Or maybe I need to be more excited and thankful for the start of school. Who knows? I do know that when I do go to work tomorrow, I will be excited to not have to sit at home feeling nervous and weird. At least I was able to figure out which antidiarrheal works best!

2 comments:

Moo said...

Does Immodium win hands down...or does it win butts up?

Anonymous said...

yo. love this .