4/5/09

Happy Opening Day!

Tonight was the mark of the beginning of baseball season. Some of you probably just said to yourself: "So what?" I like to ignore people like you. I watched a little bit of the Braves vs. the Phillies game tonight and I am so excited. I love baseball season. If you have every heard the song "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney, you will know what baseball season and spring does to me. I have often mentioned to people that I am two different people. During the school year, I am teacher Alice who is a nice person but she is so not as cool as summer Alice! I love the green of the field, the taste of the hot dog, the sound of the bat on the ball and the good lookin' boys who play the game. It sure does something to me. My first softball game is this next Friday. So. Excited!

What else? Well, this weekend was nice. I have been in my pajamas since last night. That is right, I never even got dressed today. It was Conference Weekend for my church, which basically means you get to watch church on TV. It was nice. I enjoyed it.

Last night, I went up to spend sometime with my other mother and my sister from another mother, Anne and Sarah. We went and saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop, which is hilarious and not even crude like I thought it might be. We then went to Red Robin. That made two nights of burgers, fries, and Coke. I actually broke Lent. I am just not a good Catholic. Oh wait, I am not Catholic. Anyway, I decided that this year's theme of Lent was that of breaking it. It was liberating. I have had a rough go at it lately and March was a horrible month(besides my birthday week, that was good). The liberation of breaking Lent actually felt great. That could be sacrilege but I am okay with it.

Well, I best be getting off to bed. (I kinda feel like I am talking a bit like a Southerner...Maybe watching the Country Music Awards tonight effected me.) Go Carrie Underwood. She is awesome. She won both Female Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. She rocks! Okay I am really out. Have a great night and enjoyable Monday. The only good things about Monday are 24 and Chuck. Funny how my life revolves around the TV.

4 comments:

joanna said...

oooh, red robin. I have a major craving for that place. My life revolves around TV right now too. I spend my mornings watching Felicity, Roswell and Buffy, because I can't stay asleep past 5:30 or 6am, and those shows start at 6:30. How lucky am I? Danish subtitles and everything:-)
hey, when does softball season start up for you?

Elizabeth Peterson said...

We have decided to implement a no tv on sunday rule and so yesterday was killer. It was nice to wake up this morning and turn on the tv. Oh how I missed it!

kri said...

cheap cherries, and a tattoo, and a yoohoo. You left that wide open Alice Rita.

MOM said...

Alice I loved the country awards especially Carrie--even Dad couldn't believe I watched the whole of anything.
It is sunn for the second day of course it will be lucky to get to 40.
It's election day her and Dad has to have labe tests this am. We will do both on same trip.
Thursday is Wausau for day. Miss ya. Love MOM