12/3/12

Childhood Movie Memories.

I am the first to admit that my memory sucks.  I don't remember a whole lot of things.  I don't even remember what I did yesterday.  So, when I am responding to the movies that I loved as a kid and that don't lose their luster, just know that my content is limited.

I would say my favorite Christmas movie from my childhood would be the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  I love the newer version to but there is just something about that original Cindy Lou Who.  She is dang cute.  I also love the storyline here and how the Grinch figures out what Christmas is about and his heart grows and grows.  I think lots of us get that way at Christmas.

Another favorite is A Charlie Brown Christmas.  I am always reminded of my mom and how it was her job at Christmas to save a "Charlie Brown Tree."  We had some of the most pathetic trees, but because  they were so sad looking, they were wonderful and unique and made for great memories.  Love you Mom!

I think that is it for now.  Here is a list of other movies I can watch over and over and not tire of:

Fever Pitch
The Holiday
The Vow
The Notebook
We Bought a Zoo
Dan in Real Life
The Proposal
A League of Their Own

I love movies.  I wish I had the time to watch more of them!

Cheers! And thanks to Jennifer for today's topic.  Remember you can have your topic written about this month.  Either comment an idea here on the blog or over at bookface.

No comments: