12/28/17

A Break

I have not blogged every day this month. I kinda struggle everyday when I think about what I should or could write about. In fact, I started a post before I started writing this and realized that I already had posted about the same exact subject earlier this month. 

So, I’m asking myself why I cannot come up with any subject matter to write about and then I realized something. I am on vacation. I am in a place where it is perfectly okay to do absolutely nothing and that feels wonderful. 

What have I done this vacation? I have visited with kin and friends, I have watched some TV shows that have sat for weeks in my DVR(I even snuck in watching a movie, “Collateral Beauty” is wonderful if you haven’t seen it), I went on a date with my cute husband(the new Star Wars movie is also enjoyable.), I’ve eaten much too much, I’ve fed my baby and cuddled with her lots and lots(that is something I don’t always make time for or have the time to fully, consciously enjoy), I’ve had lots of hugs and have kissed many faces of people I do not get to see as much as I would like, I’ve done sudoku, I’ve started the same “Peppa Pig” on my parents On Demand nearly one hundred times, I’ve opened many presents and wrapped lots too, I’ve bowled an almost 100, I’ve shopped with my mom, I tried to cherish the holiday even though it seemed to race past me and I now have realized that I have actually done lots of stuff lately but in a whole different, slowed-down kind of way. 

So, I guess I do have things to write about but maybe I just haven’t wanted to use the energy to do so, and that is perfectly okay. 

Just being is perfectly okay. 

No comments: